Raymor bathroom products available from Tradelink are ideal for homeowners looking to transform their outdated bathrooms into luxurious spas and home retreats.
Peta Fray, national product manager, Raymor bathroom products says that European trends are all about making the bathroom more of a living space than a washing space.
For instance, the very square look of the past four or five years in basins, taps and baths has been replaced by more organic shapes with flowing lines and asymmetry.
According to her, bathrooms will be split into two zones – the practical area, comprising toilet and wash basin, and the ‘wellness zone’ which includes the bath and shower. The theory behind this is that while there is a very functional aspect to washing and bathing there is also a relaxing and luxurious aspect.
No item within the bathroom is more a testament to the shift from square to organic shapes than the basin segment.
Leading brands such as Raymor now offer multiple choices in organically shaped wash basins designed to accommodate bathrooms of all sizes and styles.
- Custom-designed vanity with one or two freestanding vessel basins for larger, spacious bathrooms: The Raymor Onyx basin has a round configuration with softly curvaceous lines and shallow sides. The taps are mounted on the vanity or in the wall behind.
- The Kohler WaterCove vessel basin has a graceful, semi-circular design with slim, straight sides.
- Semi-recessed models for smaller bathrooms that limit the size of the vanity to a depth of about 350mm: Coral basins feature a beautifully dished, semi-circular shape while the softly rectilinear Aquamarine Rectangular basins have curved sides.
- Undermount sinks such as the oval Sapphire design by Raymor and Kohler’s Ladena are suitable for really small bathrooms where the benchtop space is severely limited. These basins ensure that the vanity surface is unimpeded by the basin to the maximum.
- Wall-mounted and pedestal basins are ideal for small powder rooms with no room for a vanity. Options include Raymor’s Ruby Oval model, a rounded bowl attached directly to the wall and the Kohler Escale hand basin, a dished rectangle with a single tap hole and integrated shroud to conceal all plumbing.
- New pedestal basins come in a shroud design wherein a dished, semi-circular bowl sits atop a vitreous china shroud that conceals all the plumbing and only reaches part way down the wall.
- Kohler’s Presqu’ile Pedestal is also a pedestal basin with a shallow dished bowl and sits atop a tall shroud of vitreous china that extends from the base of the basin all the way to the floor.
Their basin product range is available exclusively from Tradelink stores nationally and includes:
- Raymor Onyx Round Countertop Basin
- Kohler WaterCove Vessels
- Raymor Coral Semi-Recessed Basin
- Raymor Aquamarine Rectangular Semi-Recessed Basin
- Raymor Sapphire Oval Undercounter Basin
- Kohler Ladena Undercounter Basin
- Raymor Ruby Oval – Wall Basin
- Kohler Escale – Hand Basin
- Kohler Presqu’ile 600 Basin
- Kohler Presqu’ile 600 Pedestal Basin (sold separately)