5th International Urban Design Conference, Melbourne September 2012
The 5th International Urban Design Conference will be held at the Hilton on the Park in Melbourne from Monday, 10 September to Wednesday, 12 September 2012.
The Department of Planning and Community Development, Victorian Government is the 2012 Platinum Sponsor of the event.
Established in 2007, the International Urban Design Conference has provided a platform to over 390 presenters who have helped develop a range of themes including:
- Waves of Change - Cities at Crossroads 2007
- Survival: Implementing Tomorrow's City 2009
- Designing the Future 2010
- Resilience in Urban Design 2011
Authors or organisations interested in submitting a paper or presenting a workshop are invited to send an abstract not exceeding 300 words outlining the paper or their intended role in a workshop.
All submissions will be reviewed by the Conference Program Committee. Presentations that offer a comprehensive and diverse treatment of issues related to the conference theme will be selected.
- Call for abstracts closes on 14th May 2012
- Notification to presenters on 29th May 2012
- Presenters acceptance closes 6th June 2012
- Program published on 15th June 2012
- All accepted abstracts published on 16th June 2012
- Full papers for peer review or publication: 18th July 2012
- Acceptance/ modification of full paper: 15th August 2012
- Final academic-refereed papers due: 29th August 2012
- Political Strategies
- Design Approaches
- Initiators & Entrepreneurs
- Finance & Funding
- Open Papers
This feature is presented by Infolink .