HP unveils breakthrough high speed Colour Inkjet Web Press Technology
Taking high-speed inkjet capabilities to the next level, HP demonstrated its new meter-wide full-colour HP Inkjet Web Press at drupa Print Media Fair 2012.
Operating at 244 meters (800 feet) per minute, the colour featuring new inks, printheads and glossy coated paper that support faster print speeds without compromising image quality at drupa. This reflects HP’s capability in providing high-quality, versatile and productive colour-printing solutions.
"We’re driving an unstoppable transformation from analog to digital printing, where our broad portfolio of digital solutions is reshaping the products and services PSPs can offer their customers," said Christopher Morgan, senior vice president, Graphics Solutions Business, HP.
The higher-speed colour capability will be available in select systems or as an optional upgrade next year.
drupa 2012 is the graphic arts industry’s most significant tradeshow. HP will be demonstrating its new digital portfolio running real-world applications, including label and packaging, publishing, direct mail and sign and display.
HP is also launching:
- A solution-development relationship for folding cartons with Stora Enso to integrate an in-line coating unit with the new HP Indigo 30000 Digital Press
- An expansion of the ColorPRO Technology licensing program to a broader range of products, technologies and applications
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certification for a range of HP photo and technical papers
- A new accessory for HP Designjet L26500 and L28500 that improves loading on textile media
- A version of the cloud-based HP Hiflex Web-To-Print Solution for sign and display printing applications, under the HP SmartStream Workflow Solutions umbrella.