HP reinforces digital printing leadership with strategic announcements targeted at PSPs
HP (Hewlett Packard ) has announced a series of initiatives for print service providers (PSPs) to reinforce its leadership in the digital printing market in Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ).
Gido van Praag, Vice President, Graphic Solutions Business, HP Asia Pacific and Japan explains that the digital printing industry in Asia is growing nearly five times faster than the analogue print segment, and HP’s solutions can help PSPs tap into this growing opportunity.
HP has unveiled key innovations in portfolio, go-to-market strategy, and investments to help PSPs lower their overall printing costs as well as create new applications and business models to bring greater value to their customers.
HP’s announcements include:
- Expansion of the portfolio with the launch of 10 new digital printing systems, empowering PSPs to boost their digital printing offerings
- Customer focused segmented go-to-market strategy opens new business opportunities for PSPs in APJ
- Strategic investments announced towards developing the PSP ecosystem in the region
- HP Indigo digital presses featuring high-quality liquid HP ElectroInks for commercial, photo speciality, and label and packaging applications
- HP inkjet web presses for high-speed publishing, transactional and commercial applications
- HP large-format printers using HP Latex and UV inks for numerous sign and display applications
- HP Specialty Printing Systems inkjet solutions for high-productivity, low-cost imprinting, addressing, coding and marking applications
HP’s segmented market approach provides an in-depth and comprehensive end-to-end solution aligned with PSPs’ needs, allowing them to develop their core digital businesses with confidence whilst exploring new opportunities in other segments such as direct marketing, transpromo, publishing and speciality photo printing.
HP experts work with PSPs to develop personalised solutions to accomplish their business goals, allowing:
- Entry to profitable new markets by exploiting a broad portfolio of partner graphic arts printing solutions
- Creation of new customer value through innovative and dependable printing solutions integrated by HP and its partners
- Streamlined business by simplifying operations and protecting investments using graphic arts printing HP and HP partner solutions
Working with HP, CIVA has been able to explore new business opportunities by introducing a print-on-demand service for its B2B customers and a publishing print-on-demand service for its publisher customers to meet their requirements on personalised invitation letters, customised marketing materials, bidding documents and books.
HP's expanded Graphics Solutions portfolio serves the diverse needs of the graphics arts community with consistently outstanding output, a complete workflow offering, dependable partner solutions and an expansive selection of ink and media options.
Using solutions from HP Inkjet Web Presses, HP Designjet, HP Indigo, HP Scitex and HP Specialty Printing Systems (SPS) as well as HP Latex inks and HP Web solutions, print service providers can create output ranging from personalised direct mail pieces and high-end fine art reproductions to point-of-sale posters, super-wide billboards or personalised books.
Alan Fahy, CEO McPherson's Printing, a book publishing and commercial printing firm says that the HP Web Press T Series allows their customers to reduce their inventory levels and obsolescence, have smaller runs to test the market, meet niche publishing demands and offer customised publications.
The company installed the HP T400 digital press to economically deliver the required quality on book grade stocks. McPherson’s will now be able to test the market for import replacement, reviving consumers’ interest in out-of-print books, enter the niche publishing segment, trial new products and personalise books for target audiences.
The segmented strategy also helps PSPs capture a larger share of the digital sign and display market opportunity and grow their businesses with broader application versatility and improved productivity.
Kanghong Digital Image is a digital image output service company in Hong Kong with clients that include large retail banks, mass transportation companies and shopping malls. Aaron Lee, Manager at Kanghong says that about 70% of their revenue is now being generated by their investment in HP printers.
He explains that prior to the HP printer’s purchase, outdoor billboard printing was the core component of their business. The new HP printers enable them to produce large format posters and signage for in-store displays.
HP invests in PSPs to transform their printing and imaging ecosystems
- Community platforms such as Dscoop, the Digital Solutions Cooperative serve as a users’ community and a platform for sharing ideas
- Dscoop-led educational seminars and training programs have more than 10 events planned in 2012 in addition to 15+ planned HP training sessions for PSPs
- HP Graphics Solution Partner Program in APJ includes 407 Solution Products, 120 Partners and 46 Workflow Solution Clusters