GripGuard Non-Slip talks on floor safety issues and dangers
In economic terms, falls cost Australian society more than any other cause of injury.
Slips, trips and falls have become one of the main health and safety risks and the most expensive occupational health and safety cost for business and industry.
Slip and fall prevention has become a national health priority area. The Australian government has many initiatives designed to reduce such injuries in the workplace, in residences and in public areas.
The potential for serious injury from slips, trips and falls cannot be overestimated. Slip/fall accidents can have critical consequences and long-term effects.
Workers' compensation insurance covers only a small portion of the costs. It does not account for indirect costs, such as:
- The time to process and manage the injury
- Increased workloads for other staff to perform the injured person's work
- Loss of expertise and necessary skills and additional training for replacement staff
- Decreased productivity
- The human aspect of pain and suffering
Eighty-five percent of all slip and fall injuries can be prevented.
The Australian government stipulates that Australian businesses, as well as homeowners, must ensure that pedestrian surfaces meet certain standards of slip resistance.
Failure to address floor safety issues leaves businesses and homeowners at risk of litigation and its impacts.
Grip Guard Non-Slip treatments are an essential tool for protecting Australians from the dangers of slip and fall injuries and the resulting financial impacts of these injuries including litigation.
Grip Guard Non-Slip operators are fully trained to:
- Assess all pedestrian surfaces (floors, pathways, ramps etc.) to determine the slip
- resistance qualities of these surfaces
- Provide advice regarding the legally prescribed slip resistance ratings
- Offer non-slip solutions to ensure that these levels of slip resistance are met
- Provide on-going testing and maintenance programmes to ensure that slip resistance is maintained in the long-term
Non-Slip treatments are available from Grip Guard Non Slip .