Furnishing Industry Association of Australia (FIAA) provide vocational education & training
Furnishing Industry Association of Australia (FIAA) is a leading industry representative for organisations within the furnishing and joinery industries. The FIAA is committed to providing essential services for companies within these industries in order to assist them in meeting the challenges of this rapidly changing environment.
FIAA provides a range of services to its members with a principle focus on assisting members with workplace management issues including:
- Advice and representation regarding Workplace Relations
- Provision of industrial awards
- Training including Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- Management education
- Continuing education and information sessions
- Occupational Health and Safety advice
- Wage based incentive schemes
- Licencing assistance for kitchen and built-in furniture businesses;and
Once successfully completed these types of training allow employees to feel more confident while gaining a nationally recognised certificate that will increase their employment security and prospects. These types of training also provide employers with staff who are competent and trained to an up-to-date industry standard. This often provides higher productivity and reduced turnover of staff.