Fire Australia 2011; essential for professionals with an interest in protection against fires
Fire Australia 2011 opens on 16th November and runs through until 18th November.
The event is run by the Fire Protection Association Australia (FPAA) and is being held at the Adelaide Convention Centre. The event will be of special interest to architects, engineers, property developers and distributors of building products among others, who have a keen interest in the prevention of and protection against fire.
The fire protection event features:
- an exhibition of products and services,
- renowned keynote and international speakers,
- ‘Meet the Speakers’ lounge,
- networking opportunities,
- hosted conference dinner with Mr Shane Bourne,
- farewell lunch,
- 21 presentations, and
- six workshops (new to the event this year).
Other interesting topics under discussion at the Fire Australia event include:
- Maintenance of Essential Safety Measures: Over-regulation or a ticking time-bomb? - Presented by Stephen Kip of SKIP Consulting,
- Maintenance of Building with Performance Solutions (Fire Engineering) - Presented by Neumann Ashkar of Omnii,
- Maintaining Compatibility for Installed Fire Detection and Alarm Systems - Presented by Christopher Preston of CSIRO, and
- Standards Australia - The Changes, the Problems and the Opportunities - Presented by Andre Mierzwa of FM Global.