Moisture resistant with a 0.002 g/cm³ water absorption rating, Colex from Composite Global Solutions can withstand pure oxygen below freezing environments for years. The chemical bond of Colex foam will not easily degrade even in such harsh environments, consequently, it is specified for reliable use for over 30 years at an operation temperature ranging from -196ºC to 100ºC.
Additionally Colex polyethylene foam is very flexible, chemical resistant and has a high impact resistance with a tensile strength of 2.1 kgf/cm².
Aside from refrigeration systems these properties make Colex polyethylene foam ideal insulation for:
- chilled/hot water lines and tanks
- Ammonia/Freon lines and tanks
- liquid natural gas lines and tanks
- liquid nitrogen lines and tanks
- cryogenic lines and tanks