Tsurumi super high head submersible dewatering pumps from Australian Pump Industries
Australian Pump Industries has launched a new series of super high head submersible dewatering pumps manufactured by Tsurumi Pump.
Ideal for deep well dewatering, especially in the mining industry, these slimline units are designed for tight spaces that require a high pressure pump.
Designed for superior reliability and performance, Tsurumi’s LH-W series dewatering pumps offer flow capacities of up to 1,000 litres per minute, and heads as high as 120 metres. The complete series of pumps has bores from 2” through to 4” and is available with 3-phase, 2 pole motors up to 110kW.
According to Aussie Pumps’ Craig Bridgement, the company will be releasing the 200-metre head 4” pump in the LH-W series very soon. Tsurumi Pump developed the product range in response to requirements in the US and Africa for high performance heavy duty pumps for the mining market.
The LH-W series dewatering pumps are dual impeller pumps particularly suitable for installation into small bores. The top discharge, highly efficient double impeller design and slimline pump casement make them ideal for use in smaller, more cost efficient bores.
Bridgement explains that the new pump will operate in water depths as low as 200mm, and is balanced for easy lifting thanks to the centre mounted flange.
Tsurumi’s LH-W series submersible pumps have been designed to perform even in extreme conditions.
Key features of LH-W series submersible dewatering pumps:
- Newly developed mechanical seal allows water pressures of up to 142 psi, making it ideal for deep well applications
- Mechanical seal features a unique ‘Oil Lifter’ to enhance sealing performance and extend seal life
- Oil Lifter oils the top seal faces even if the lubricant level drops below recommended level, cooling the seal faces and providing longer life through reduced wear
- High pressure closed type impellers help achieve high heads
- Impellers made from high chrome cast iron for wear resistance
- Suction cover made from ductile cast iron for long, trouble-free life
- Double design, silicon carbide shaft seal
- 420 grade stainless steel pump shaft
- Pump design allows the liquid to pass through the pump casing, cooling the motor, and extending motor life
- Internal water jacket allows the pump to operate at water levels as low as 200mm
- Cathodic protection for motor from overheating should the water level drop too low
- Heavy duty 8m cable to Tsurumi’s unique anti wicking block supplied as standard
- Anti wicking block prevents ingress of water into the motor even if the cable is damaged