Australian Disabled Access Consultants arranged disable access for Avalon Medical Centre
Australian Disabled Access Consultants effectively organised the approval of the Construction Certificate for a Medical Centre at 54 Avalon Parade, Avalon by requiring disabled access for:
- Continuous safe paths of travel into the building.
- Continuous safe paths of travel throughout the overall building.
- Continuous safe paths of travel within the car parking area at the rear of the property.
- Continuous safe path of travel within the parking area and the side driveway.
- Building entry.
- Doorway widths and corridor widths.
- Wheelchair access.
- Reception area design layout.
- Room layouts and furniture fit-out.
- Doorway and corridor widths.
- Floor-ceiling heights along all movement pathways.
- Toilet facilities.
- Stairs, ramps and handrails.
- Accessible unisex toilet facilities.
- Accessible space and parking area design.
- Front yard design and pathway of travel that incorporated ramps and handrails.
The Avalon Medical Centre’s design by J D Design & Company Pty Ltd required disabled access to comply with Pittwater Council’s built environment disabled access design guidelines for commercial medical centre development.
The design negotiations and disabled access assessment report for the Avalon Medical Centre Construction Certificate complied with:
- The guiding principles of the Disabilities Discrimination Act
- Pittwater Council’s built environment disabled access and wheelchair access design guidelines for commercial medical centre development within the Avalon Medical Centre precinct near the Avalon Town Centre.
- Part D3 of the Building Code of Australia disabled access standards.
- Australian Standards AS1428.1, AS1428.2, AS2890.1 disabled access and wheelchair access design guidelines.
Australian Disabled Access Consultants said: “Australian Disabled Access Consultants fully support Pittwater Council’s support to provide disabled access and wheelchair access within all parts of the medical centre to support the principles of the Disability Discrimination Act 1992.