ASF infrastructure innovations
ASF, the infrastructure division of Adshel Street Furniture , provides a variety of infrastructure solutions for clients, including the wharf shelter as installed at Docklands Marina in Victoria.
ASF's second wharf based project shows testament to the ability of ASF to go beyond standard infrastructure solutions to satisfy client needs. Two Evo shelters from the premium range were reconfigured to form a security shelter and a water taxi shelter for a development at Docklands Marina in Melbourne, Victoria. A further four security shelters have since been installed.
Innovative adaptations included:
* Bolt down footings
* Integrated water management system, allowing water to drain through the upright posts directly into the water below
* Increased height
* Provision for mounting security camera
* Card swipe for entry
* Locking door - security entry
* Built in conduits to allow for cables to be run through the shelter
* Wide return ends to provide greater stability and protection from the weather
* Galvanised steel mesh and polycarbonate available